POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Motion sync Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Motion sync (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Motion sync
Date: 21 May 1999 21:01:25
Message: <3745F3C9.5A77F331@aol.com>
Moved this topic over from the binaries.animation group, the Men in
Mustangs thread. Question arises as to getting slight motion offsets of
multiple independantly moving objects.

I just happened to think, I said identical rotations of the prop and that
relates to a problem with differing object motions through the course of
animation. Everthing has to be in a ratio where the slowest moving thing
has to be the basis for the rest (maybe). Get what I mean here? I've done
quite a few animations, even a watch dial one, and if you were to try it
at all I don't see it as being possible without some math to sort it out.
After all, it would be fractions of rotation needed. Like the four blades
need only a 1/4 rotation to look like a full rotation. The faster prop
would need to go half turn and a faster yet one 3/4 turn. Problem here is
that would seem way different between them and what you'd want if anything
at all would be a 1/16 or less, the blades would not align properly (pun,
or not?) without making a further rotation of the slowest to match up.
Think about it, can it really be done?
I realize this depends upon number of frames a lot too, but has anyone a
method for doing most any such situation. I'm sure it's been discussed
before, I'll just reopen the discussion here.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe