POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Strange error message Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Strange error message (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Strange error message
Date: 26 Sep 1998 21:38:00
Message: <360D87DA.37EE@aol.com>
Has anyone ever seen the error message
Illegal grid value in dda_traversal(). ?
I'm working on a large animation and there are lots of reflections, et
al., going on.  Worried that it will eventually kill the project I'm
working on.  A whole pane's worth of output is pasted below, with the
message at the very end.

_______________________________
Greg M. Johnson
http://members.xoom.com/gregjohn

  Antialiasing.........On  (Method 1, Threshold 0.300, Depth 3, Jitter
1.00)
  Radiosity...........Off
Animation Options
  Initial Frame..       1  Final Frame....      50
  Initial Clock..   0.000  Final Clock....   1.000
  Cyclic Animation....Off  Field render........Off  Odd
lines/frames....Off
Redirecting Options
  All Streams to console..........On
  Debug Stream to console.........On
  Fatal Stream to console.........On
  Render Stream to console........On
  Statistics Stream to console....On
  Warning Stream to console.......On

Scene contains 18 frame level objects; 2 infinite.

 00:00: 3 so far, Rendering frame 1, going to 50.Illegal grid value in
dda_traversal().
Illegal grid value in dda_traversal().
Illegal grid value in dda_traversal().

Post a reply to this message

I got one of those about 2 months ago in a scene with
a height field. It did not seem to effect the out come of
the project though.

Ken Tyler