POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : gravity in animations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  gravity in animations (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bryan M  Smith
Subject: gravity in animations
Date: 21 Jul 1998 05:39:44
Message: <35B453CC.F43A7B5D@teleport.com>
I hope someone can help me.

What's the best way to do animations with gravity?

I could set up a scene with various objects and then set their
directions and speeds and then povray would calculate their positions
and render that scene, and then calculate their new positions, render
and on and on.

Also how about setting gravity for individual objects, to simulate a
planets orbit around a star or other planet?

Is there a utility to generate the scenes??

Thanks in advance.
--

Bryan M. Smith
bms### [at] teleportcom

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)

"Bryan M. Smith" <bms### [at] teleportcom> writes:

> What's the best way to do animations with gravity?
>
> I could set up a scene with various objects and then set their
> directions and speeds and then povray would calculate their positions
> and render that scene, and then calculate their new positions, render
> and on and on.
>
> Also how about setting gravity for individual objects, to simulate a
> planets orbit around a star or other planet?
>
> Is there a utility to generate the scenes??
>
> Thanks in advance.

Perhaps AERO suites your needs. It can be dowloaded from
http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~braunl/aero/
There're also some nice mpgs at this site that show the possibilities
of AERO.

Thomas

P.S.: Please use a standard signature file instead of a vcard.

--
Tho### [at] uni-konstanzde
http://www.informatik.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm/

Post a reply to this message