POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : gravity in animations : Re: gravity in animations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gravity in animations
From: Armagon
Date: 23 Jul 1998 19:52:14
Message: <35B7BE19.FF8A05D9@my-dejanews.com>
Bryan M. Smith (and other interested parties),

I would highly recommend that you look at this page:
http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/models/m_main.htm .  It talks about
gravity, wind and other stuff.  I don't think it goes into much detail about
orbits of planets.

If you are using scaled time and distances, the acceleration of gravity is
9.81 metres per second per second.  I believe this is also 32 feet per second
squared.  This is only applicable for objects falling towards the earth.

You might find it interesting to look at the source code I attached, with a
bouncing ball.  It does use scaled time and distances (though I can't
guarantee that it'll work if you redefine the metre.)  The blue cylinder
represents the height of a person.  If you get ride of the #version 3.1, I
think it'll work in 3.0.

Good luck!

Armagon

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gravity.pov.txt' (3 KB) Download 'gravity.ini.txt' (1 KB)