POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : gravity in animations : Re: gravity in animations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gravity in animations
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 21 Jul 1998 07:21:29
Message: <qqmlnpnv716.fsf@goldach.informatik.uni-konstanz.de>
"Bryan M. Smith" <bms### [at] teleportcom> writes:

> What's the best way to do animations with gravity?
>
> I could set up a scene with various objects and then set their
> directions and speeds and then povray would calculate their positions
> and render that scene, and then calculate their new positions, render
> and on and on.
>
> Also how about setting gravity for individual objects, to simulate a
> planets orbit around a star or other planet?
>
> Is there a utility to generate the scenes??
>
> Thanks in advance.

Perhaps AERO suites your needs. It can be dowloaded from
http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~braunl/aero/
There're also some nice mpgs at this site that show the possibilities
of AERO.

Thomas

P.S.: Please use a standard signature file instead of a vcard.

--
Tho### [at] uni-konstanzde
http://www.informatik.uni-konstanz.de/~willhalm/