POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Constructing a geometry Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:45:52 EDT (-0400)
  Constructing a geometry (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Amir ni
Subject: Constructing a geometry
Date: 4 Feb 2009 22:20:02
Message: <web.498a5a7a5e8cb8c4792c7d270@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am trying to make a special shape in povray that is made by spheres, but
neither "intersection" nor "difference" commands cannot help me. This is the
problem: if the position of eight spheres are in a cubic form in a way that the
distance between neighbor sphere is less than 1.4 times the radius of spheres, a
cavity is formed in the center of cube. I want to make the shape of that cavity.
The following code contains the the coordinates of eight spheres. In advance, I
do appreciate your help.

global_settings {  assumed_gamma 1.0 }

#include "colors.inc"

//---------------------------------------
camera{ ultra_wide_angle
        angle 75
        right x*image_width/image_height
     location  <2 , 3 , -4>
        look_at   <0,0,0> }
//---------------------------------------
light_source{ <0,0,-2500>
              color rgb<1,1,1> }
//---------------------------------------
background {color  rgb<1,1,1>}
//---------------------------------------

#declare d=1;

union{

sphere { <d/2, d/2, d/2> ,  d/1.4}
sphere { <-d/2, -d/2, -d/2> ,  d/1.4}

sphere { <-d/2, d/2, d/2> ,  d/1.4}
sphere { <d/2, -d/2, -d/2> ,  d/1.4}

sphere { <d/2, -d/2, d/2> ,  d/1.4}
sphere { <-d/2, d/2, -d/2> ,  d/1.4}

sphere { <d/2, d/2, -d/2> ,  d/1.4}
sphere { <-d/2, -d/2, d/2> ,  d/1.4}

pigment{ color rgb<1,0,0> }
}

Post a reply to this message

>I am trying to make a special shape in povray that is made by spheres, but
>neither "intersection" nor "difference" commands cannot help me. This is the
>problem: if the position of eight spheres are in a cubic form in a way that the
>distance between neighbor sphere is less than 1.4 times the radius of
>spheres, a
>cavity is formed in the center of cube. I want to make the shape of
>that cavity.
>The following code contains the the coordinates of eight spheres. In advance, I
>do appreciate your help.

Difference the spheres from a box

difference {

box {d/2, -d/2}