POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Override textures/materials? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Override textures/materials? (Message 1 to 10 of 31)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Override textures/materials?
Date: 18 Jun 2021 08:42:01
Message: <60cc9499$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to override textures or materials that have already been
declared or applied?

I am trying to create a depth map, and need to apply a custom texture to
the entire object.

Thanks.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Override textures/materials?
Date: 18 Jun 2021 08:43:45
Message: <60cc9501$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/18/2021 8:41 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Is there a way to override textures or materials that have already been
> declared or applied?
>
> I am trying to create a depth map, and need to apply a custom texture to
> the entire object.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Mike

Specifying an empty texture

texture {}

to the original object does not seem to do the trick.

Mike

Post a reply to this message