POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Override textures/materials? : Re: Override textures/materials? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Override textures/materials?
From: Alain Martel
Date: 18 Jun 2021 10:44:05
Message: <60ccb135$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2021-06-18 à 08:41, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> Is there a way to override textures or materials that have already been
> declared or applied?
>
> I am trying to create a depth map, and need to apply a custom texture to
> the entire object.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Mike

In the case of a texture or material that have been declared but not
used yet, a new #declare will completely replace the original with the
new definition.
If it have been applied to something, then redefined, then, any object
that received it will keep the original definition.

In your case, you need to remove, or at least comment out, any texture
or material from your object. Then, apply your new texture to that
object as a whole.