POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Aerodynamics question Server Time
29 Apr 2024 16:36:28 EDT (-0400)
  Aerodynamics question (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Aerodynamics question
Date: 18 Feb 2015 21:53:46
Message: <54e5503a$1@news.povray.org>
I'm building a bubble around my spaceship to protect from "drag" at
interstellar velocities. This site says that for subsonic craft a
parabola is a better shape for the nose. However, an ogive is better at
supersonic speeds.

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/aerodynamics/q0151.shtml

Which applies in outer space? Or, should I not use either and use a
teardrop shape instead?

And, is the piriform shape a good one to use? See here:

http://csi.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de/ak/immel/script/redirect.cgi?filename=http://csi.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de/ak/immel/graphics/povray35/teardrop.html

Post a reply to this message