POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Aerodynamics question : Re: Aerodynamics question Server Time
16 May 2024 05:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aerodynamics question
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Feb 2015 03:37:22
Message: <54e5a0c2$1@news.povray.org>
On 19-2-2015 6:48, Doctor John wrote:

> We are not talking aerodynamics here - take a look at the ISS [pretty
> picture here
> http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/nasa-iss-03-10-2011.jpg].
> It is not travelling in interstellar space but neither is it travelling
> in (what we define as) an atmosphere.

And consider Voyager 1 & 2. They are (almost). Their speed is far
superior to ISS's and yet have no protection of any kind.

in addition to John's comment, remember that what we are shown in SF
films are constructions that have very little to do with the necessities
of interstellar space. They need to appeal to (and be recognised by) the
average public which is used to airplanes in daily life ;-)

--
Thomas