POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:38:52 EDT (-0400)
  Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface (Message 30 to 39 of 49)
From: Alessandro Coppo
Subject: Re: Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface
Date: 30 Jun 2002 16:33:13
Message: <3d1f6b09$1@news.povray.org>

> So only using CVS makes program free ?

No...

STOP: SYSTYEM DETECTED FLAME BAIT. DO NOT RESPOND

--
Alessandro Coppo
a.coppo@<REMOVE_ME>iol.it

Post a reply to this message

From: Alessandro Coppo
Date: 30 Jun 2002 16:41:42
Message: <3d1f6d06$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

> Alessandro Coppo <a.c### [at] iolit> wrote:
>> P.S.: I am currently trying out Art Of Illusion (AoI)
>> http://www.artofillusion.org/. If it is as good as it looks it is likely
>> that I will say goodbye to POVRay and switch (and contribute to) AoI.
>
>   It's really funny that Java hype is so strong that people don't even
> care that the program is 10 times slower than one written in C++.
>   In most programs it doesn't matter, but in a high-end raytracer it
> certainly matters quite a lot. Why spend 10 hours rendering a scene
> which could be rendered in 1 hour?

Just have a look at this URL:

http://tilde-hoschek.home.cern.ch/~hoschek/colt/index.htm

(do you notice the domain? CERN... these idiots use Java for particle
physics, poor stupid boys, aren't they?)