POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface : Re: Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:04:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grid artifact in f_noise3d isosurface
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Jun 2002 17:06:50
Message: <3d1f72ea@news.povray.org>
In article <3d1f6d06$1@news.povray.org> , Alessandro Coppo <a.c### [at] iolit>
wrote:

> http://tilde-hoschek.home.cern.ch/~hoschek/colt/index.htm
>
> (do you notice the domain? CERN... these idiots use Java for particle
> physics, poor stupid boys, aren't they?)

Oh, sure, nobody said you cannot _use_ Java for it!   Maybe you should have
read the page first:

May 15 - Version 1.0.1 is here - and just broke the 200Mflop barrier. Due
too further library tuning, benchmarks now show the 100% pure Java
matrix-matrix and matrix-vector multiply running only about 2.5 times slower

<<<

200 MFlops I can do that on my five year old computer easily, you know...

    Thorsten