POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : FullMoon version 2 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 17:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  FullMoon version 2 (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Re: FullMoon version 2
Date: 30 Dec 2003 19:01:46
Message: <3ff211ea$1@news.povray.org>
"Andre de Leiradella" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.3ff16c2c172f9dc557904ff10@news.povray.org...
>  From those who aren't programmers I'd like
> to get ideas for new plugins.

I'd like one that would allow me to bend any object, like the "modifier" in
anim8or, http://www.anim8or.com , or Chris Colefax's Object Bender include
file for Povray, http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/bend.html .

Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

From: Andre de Leiradella
Date: 2 Jan 2004 08:05:01
Message: <web.3ff56b69f055816657904ff10@news.povray.org>
StephenS wrote:
>> > I'd appreciate to get some feedback from you
>dialog:newLine()
>The ability to place controls from left to right is very nice.

I'm thinking about make it possible to place controls over a 2D grid...

>Function.ful
>@funcID = dialog:addTextBox([at]func)
>The new 'TextBox' (and 'ListBox')is shorter, left to right visible space,
>than in version 1.1. Is it posible to make it longer, maybe like how
>dialog:addSeparator('Z', 2) does it?

I'll probably solve this with the 2D grid. Full control over the widgets'
positions and sizes.

>The old :getProperties() has been changed to
>..getInfo(), and .getIcon()
>How do I get my picture for the icon in the new format?

Hum, sorry about that. The new icon format is full colored, so it changed
from the previous version. The new format consists of 16x16 RGB triplets
one after the other. I'll post a little C program to make the conversion.

>Will the additional information in the .getInfo() be displayed somewhere?

Unfortunately when the user clicks on "View" and then "Loaded Plugins" the
only information from .getInfo() that is displayed is the object's UID. I'm
planning on adding a "About" button bellow the "Configure" button that will
show the author's information when clicked.

>Will you be allowing plugins to read or write(create) external files?

That could be a source of problems for FullMoon users as someone could write
a virus disguised as a Lua plugin. I do need the plugins to read files (to
implement bitmaps inside configuration dialogs) but I'm still thinking how
to make it possible without the security risk. I'll probably make a
"package" file that will contain the plugin's Lua code and any other data
needed and the plugins will be able to read data only from it's own package
file.

As for writing, why do you need it?

>More questions to come as I play some more :-)

Ok!

>Stephen

Andre de Leiradella

Post a reply to this message