POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : FullMoon version 2 : Re: FullMoon version 2 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 17:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FullMoon version 2
From: Andre de Leiradella
Date: 2 Jan 2004 12:40:01
Message: <web.3ff5abcbf055816657904ff10@news.povray.org>
StephenS wrote:
>Some additional things I've noticed:
>The 'Configure' window is resizable but no scrollbars appear when you make
>it to small.

Ooops, I'll make the configuration dialogs non-resizable.

>In version 1.1 and 2 the message window can only be moved with the 'Title
>bar' (I think that's what it's called). If I make a message based on user
>options, the message can extend beyond the bottom of the screen and even
>taller than the available screen space. Would it be possible to allow the
>window to be moved by click and dragging anywhere on the window?

Hummm, the 1.1 messageBox and 2 showMessage just pop a regular MessageBox
from the Windows API. I could make a custom dialog with the message that
could be moved from anywhere but it's definitely low-priority. Why would
you need to show a message based on the user's options? Maybe I can come up
with something better...

>Version 1.1 'ListBox':
>Example: In Philippe Gibone's excellent plugin seashell.lua, while the shell
>type is selected, I can use the mouse wheel and scroll though the supported
>shells, and the screen is updated automatically. In v2 I need to sellect the
>'Ok' button to see any changes to the scene. I think I will miss this
>behaviour, or is there another solution?

Currently any changes inside :notify() do not reflect the config dialog, but
this will change very soon.

>I understand and agree with your concerns about security risk.

Thanks.

>> As for writing, why do you need it?
>I can not think of a programming problem that can not be solved currently
>with the :save(stream)/:load(stream) or with the generated POV-Ray code.
>Mostly it was a question of curiosity.

Well, if what you want is to generate the POV code for a plugin, I have
plans to write a standalone Windows application that will let the user
choose one object, enter its parameters through the config dialog and
export the POV code to a file or to the clipboard. Comments with the
base64-coded parameters (or something like that) would make it possible to
later change the parameters and re-generate the POV code with the changes.

That is a project that will start only when I'm happy with the Moray plugin
version 2.

>Stephen

Andre de Leiradella