POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : FullMoon version 2 : Re: FullMoon version 2 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 17:53:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FullMoon version 2
From: StephenS
Date: 2 Jan 2004 17:35:10
Message: <3ff5f21e@news.povray.org>
> Hummm, the 1.1 messageBox and 2 showMessage just pop a regular MessageBox
> from the Windows API. I could make a custom dialog with the message that
> could be moved from anywhere but it's definitely low-priority. Why would
> you need to show a message based on the user's options? Maybe I can come
> up with something better...

In 1.1 when you have lots of controls, Moray's Modify tab can be very long.
As a way to summarize the selections the user has made, I was listing them
in a MessageBox. This will be less of a problem in version 2 because it's
easier to see all the controls (and there value) at one time.

As my plugins become more complicated, they need more and more instructions
on how to use them. I was including the instructions in a MessageBox.

Other things....
The included plugins can be part of a group but not a CSG.

Will version 2 be able to output the selections from Moray's Flags (no
shadow, no image...) and Photons?

In Function.ful/:save(stream)/stream:write(@clip, @minZ, @maxZ)
@clip is a boolean and @minZ in a number, this suggests fullmoon knows what
type a value is and saves it accordingly. Will tables be supported?

The dialog:addEditBox() has changed, are whole numbers with decimals no
longer supported? Example 23.4 (they may be, but could not figure out how)

Stephen