POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Motion Capture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:49 EDT (-0400)
  Motion Capture (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Will Paris
Subject: Motion Capture
Date: 1 Nov 2003 19:15:15
Message: <3fa44c93$1@news.povray.org>
Are there any moyion capture capabilities in POV-Ray or Moray?

Where can I find free motion capture files for use in POV-Ray, Moray, Poser
or Bryce?

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Motion Capture
Date: 1 Nov 2003 20:22:32
Message: <3FA45BF6.E902014A@pacbell.net>
Will Paris wrote:

> Are there any moyion capture capabilities in POV-Ray or Moray?

There is no internal support for motion capture files in POV-Ray and I have
heard of none mentioned for Moray. I also know of no conversion utilities
that have been adapted for this purpose. That does not mean they don't exist,
I just haven't heard of them.

Maybe here - http://www.help3d.com/

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

>>Are there any moyion capture capabilities in POV-Ray or Moray?
>

> There is no internal support for motion capture files in POV-Ray and I have
> heard of none mentioned for Moray. I also know of no conversion utilities
> that have been adapted for this purpose. That does not mean they don't exist,
> I just haven't heard of them.

There is a perl script that translates .bvh files to povray. But it
isn't very well supported. It does break if the file has blank spaces.
It was quick hack put by someone, I don't really remember who. I wrote
another one in java, but don't really know where it is. I'll try to look
for it on my backups, and if I do find it, I'll post the address where
you can download it.

>>Where can I find free motion capture files...

Try http://www.biovisio.com

All the best

Fidel.

Post a reply to this message

"Will Paris" <wil### [at] sbcglobalnet> wrote in message
> Are there any moyion capture capabilities in POV-Ray or Moray?
>
> Where can I find free motion capture files for use in POV-Ray, Moray,
Poser
> or Bryce?

Try these : ), Links courtesy of LittleDragon at RuntimeDNA Forums.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~pingelm/ComputerAnimation/Motions/bvh/

http://www.ict.usc.edu/graphics/animWeb/humanoid/sampleData.html

http://userdata.acd.net/cady.patrick/BVHfiles.html

http://www.faint-light.com/faint-light/motionview/ht/bvh_3d1.html

http://www.e-motek.com/

http://www.accad.ohio-state.edu/~jwoodrin/mocap/Clips/

http://www.mantismotion.com/samples.html

http://www.mastudios.com/motion.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 2 Nov 2003 04:59:01
Message: <pal9qv0obu3osocn9vvass0a2n1ussqgq3@4ax.com>
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:12:13 -0600, "Will Paris" <wil### [at] sbcglobalnet>
wrote:

>Are there any moyion capture capabilities in POV-Ray or Moray?
>
>Where can I find free motion capture files for use in POV-Ray, Moray, Poser
>or Bryce?

Will, I have used Motion Capture files with Poser and converted them into Moray
UDO's. You will find some posted in moray.binaries and
povray.binaries.animations. As you probably know there are a couple of formats.
Poser can use BVH files and a few can be found on the net. A couple of years ago
I download a collection from Stanford University, there are over 300 files and
the zipped size is 32 Megs. You can have a copy if you can think of a way to get
them. If I can upload them somewhere or you can have a selection.
Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Will Paris
Date: 3 Nov 2003 08:17:21
Message: <3fa65561$1@news.povray.org>
Anyone wanting to ftp files to me can do so anonymously:
ftp://ftp.willparis.com/incoming

The login is ano### [at] willpariscom