POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Motion Capture : Re: Motion Capture Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion Capture
From: Fidel Viegas
Date: 3 Nov 2003 17:34:06
Message: <3fa6d7de@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote:

> Will Paris wrote:
>
>>Are there any moyion capture capabilities in POV-Ray or Moray?
>

> There is no internal support for motion capture files in POV-Ray and I have
> heard of none mentioned for Moray. I also know of no conversion utilities
> that have been adapted for this purpose. That does not mean they don't exist,
> I just haven't heard of them.

There is a perl script that translates .bvh files to povray. But it
isn't very well supported. It does break if the file has blank spaces.
It was quick hack put by someone, I don't really remember who. I wrote
another one in java, but don't really know where it is. I'll try to look
for it on my backups, and if I do find it, I'll post the address where
you can download it.

>>Where can I find free motion capture files...

Try http://www.biovisio.com

All the best

Fidel.