POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Motion Capture : Re: Motion Capture Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion Capture
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 2 Nov 2003 04:59:01
Message: <pal9qv0obu3osocn9vvass0a2n1ussqgq3@4ax.com>
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 18:12:13 -0600, "Will Paris" <wil### [at] sbcglobalnet>
wrote:

>Are there any moyion capture capabilities in POV-Ray or Moray?
>
>Where can I find free motion capture files for use in POV-Ray, Moray, Poser
>or Bryce?

Will, I have used Motion Capture files with Poser and converted them into Moray
UDO's. You will find some posted in moray.binaries and
povray.binaries.animations. As you probably know there are a couple of formats.
Poser can use BVH files and a few can be found on the net. A couple of years ago
I download a collection from Stanford University, there are over 300 files and
the zipped size is 32 Megs. You can have a copy if you can think of a way to get
them. If I can upload them somewhere or you can have a selection.
Regards
        Stephen