POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Landscape_gene.lua comments Server Time
3 May 2024 07:09:20 EDT (-0400)
  Landscape_gene.lua comments (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Landscape_gene.lua comments
Date: 26 Jun 2004 07:07:04
Message: <40dd58d8@news.povray.org>
This is for Sylvain Leseur ( and those interested in this plugin, of
course):

I have a few comments on the first version of the plugin. It does not (yet)
reproduce exactly the povray code I think.

1) watch out that in Moray Y and Z axes are changed (right/left-handedness)

2) I would like to see the following sequence:

Pattern 1 [box]
   Scale <x,y,z>
   Rotate <x,y,z>
   Turbulence <x,y,z>
   Octaves n
   Omega n
   Lambda n
   Extra Transform <x,y,z>   == what you call Denting

Pattern 2 [box]
   Scale <x,y,z>
   Rotate <x,y,z>
   Turbulence <x,y,z>
   Octaves n
   Omega n
   Lambda n
   Extra Transform <x,y,z>   == what you call Checkering

Pattern 3 [box] etc....

3) Some way to indicate the relation between the different patterns (+ - *)

I test with my example 13 in the povray version of lanscape generator as it
is a clear broken-up landscape. I have not been able to reproduce this in
the plugin. But with the above changes, perhaps it will?  :-)
See also the isosurface plugin for Moray. It has not the HF capability, but
it does exactly what the povray script does.

Otherwise, a good start Sylvain!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> 1) watch out that in Moray Y and Z axes are changed
(right/left-handedness)
I add
scale <1,1,-1>
rotate <-90,0,0>
on Iso and HF
I think it's ok !???

> 2) I would like to see the following sequence:
>
> Pattern 1 [box]
>    Scale <x,y,z>
>    Rotate <x,y,z>
>    Turbulence <x,y,z>
>    Octaves n
>    Omega n
>    Lambda n
>    Extra Transform <x,y,z>   == what you call Denting
>
> Pattern 2 [box]
>    Scale <x,y,z>
>    Rotate <x,y,z>
>    Turbulence <x,y,z>
>    Octaves n
>    Omega n
>    Lambda n
>    Extra Transform <x,y,z>   == what you call Checkering
>
> Pattern 3 [box] etc....
Sorry Thomas I don't understand. Can you give me an exemple.

> 3) Some way to indicate the relation between the different patterns (+ -
*)
What do you wish exactly ?

> I test with my example 13 in the povray version of lanscape generator as
it
> is a clear broken-up landscape. I have not been able to reproduce this in
> the plugin. But with the above changes, perhaps it will?  :-)
> See also the isosurface plugin for Moray. It has not the HF capability,
but
> it does exactly what the povray script does.
I try I try...Not easy for me

> Otherwise, a good start Sylvain!
>
> Thomas
Thanks a lot.
Friendly
Sylvain

Post a reply to this message

From: leseur sylvain
Date: 28 Jun 2004 11:56:52
Message: <40e03fc4@news.povray.org>
Sorry many modifications. And i don't know how to do a compatibility We
the previous .lua. I have not finished with it of course. The code is...
Heu!
sometime strange. I need more time.
No more "editbox" for turbulences, transfos etc. Now "textedit". It's
smaller in
the Moray interface.

"Add
Other Functions" (some functions in thomas's LandscapeGenerator.pov), that
we
can add to   "Predef" or "My choice". Sometime it's strange, curious.....
I work on to get something good.
No comparaisons with S.Shonfiled's Isosurface (except the 3 letters
I.S.O)...
It's only to build Land, and it's more simple.Very very very simple.
Attached: landscapeori1.mdl to have a start, like with
LandscapeGenerator.pov,
(where we can find all the predefs), but with Moray.
Of course comments hardly welcome, for me this plugin is a "performance"!
There is
no Philippes Gibone who help me now...
Funny ideas welcome too. I wish it serious but funny too.
I try also to build a realistic wireframe with the help of function.lua
I can't make head of it... But i'll find. (Maybe in 3 or 4 centuries.)

Bye
Friendly
Sylvain

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'landscapeori1.mdl.dat' (46 KB) Download 'landscape_gene.lua.txt' (80 KB) Download 'LandscapeGenerator.pov.txt' (7 KB)

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Jun 2004 05:38:59
Message: <40e138b3@news.povray.org>
"leseur.sylvain" <les### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht
> > 1) watch out that in Moray Y and Z axes are changed
> (right/left-handedness)
> I add
> scale <1,1,-1>
> rotate <-90,0,0>
> on Iso and HF
> I think it's ok !???

Yes, that should work, I think...

> What do you wish exactly ?

Ok. I sent you an e-mail in french. Hope that it is more clear than my rapid
sketching... ;-)