POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : To Thomas A. M. de Groot Server Time
3 May 2024 00:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  To Thomas A. M. de Groot (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: leseur sylvain
Subject: To Thomas A. M. de Groot
Date: 17 Jun 2004 02:50:51
Message: <40d13f4b@news.povray.org>
Can i use your  LandscapeGenerator.pov  to build a lua plug in ?

Friendly
Sylvain

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: To Thomas A. M. de Groot
Date: 18 Jun 2004 04:24:24
Message: <40d2a6b8@news.povray.org>
"leseur sylvain" <syl### [at] potar-hurlantcom> schreef in bericht
> Can i use your  LandscapeGenerator.pov  to build a lua plug in ?

Of course you can!
Be aware however that it is very crude! it would be nice if some more
automatic control was put in, for instance:
- scaling, rotating, warping of the functions or patterns;
- a nice long list of all the kind of functions you could use, and the
patterns of course;
- the different ways in which the functions could interact with each other;

I am currently experimenting a bit to make geologically acceptable
landscapes. Nothing like LOTW, though.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message