POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : To Thomas A. M. de Groot : Re: To Thomas A. M. de Groot Server Time
17 May 2024 19:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Thomas A. M. de Groot
From: leseur sylvain
Date: 18 Jun 2004 07:17:03
Message: <40d2cf2f$1@news.povray.org>
>Of course you can!
>Be aware however that it is very crude! it would be nice if some more
>automatic control was put in, for instance:
>- scaling, rotating, warping of the functions or patterns;
>- a nice long list of all the kind of functions you could use, and the
>patterns of course;
>- the different ways in which the functions could interact with each other;

Can you give me some samples because i'm not a "pro".
In fact i wish build something serious and funny, with trees, roads
elephant, gnou, ape, ...  etc etc on the surface of this LandScape_gene
object. No, it's a joke of course !
But "I have a dream" a Magnet/object plugin to push or pull some parts of
all objects like i need. Ex: A LandScape_gene object, and with this
Magnet we can trace roads, river, hills etc...
No magnet in 3dsMax, Maya etc etc ... Curious... I don't know a soft who
have a magnet except Poser. But it's a good idea. No ? It seem to me that
it's not so hard for a pro.

>I am currently experimenting a bit to make geologically acceptable
>landscapes. Nothing like LOTW, though.
Great! Can we see something or help you ?
I have a very good "souvenir" of my work with Pilippes Gibone
on SeaShell.lua.

>Thomas

Friendly
Sylvain