POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : To Thomas A. M. de Groot : Re: To Thomas A. M. de Groot Server Time
21 May 2024 00:05:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To Thomas A. M. de Groot
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Jun 2004 09:09:04
Message: <40d43af0@news.povray.org>
"leseur.sylvain" <les### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht
> Ok found them....
> Ouch ! Excelent work...
> I'm not afraid by the work but.... Where to start ?
>
> I made a little .lua yesterday. (see include file)...
> Only the 12 types,  texture and button (for Hf or isosurface)
> work for instance. What's do you think about ?
> Come on, let's get to work Sylvain !....
> -We have to make a selection of what's is really necessary...
> -How to avoid black dots.
> Sorry sometime i speak alone.

Nothing wrong with speaking alone. I do it all the time :-)
Made just a little try-out with the plugin: really nice for a first start!
Now, important things, more or less in order of importance, I guess:
- the resolution of the hf / iso: >> the "300, 300" in hf; the max_gradient
in iso
- the size of the landscape: Loc*Xscale in hf; loc in iso, in my examples
- the type of function(s) to use, their order, their sign (- + *)
- all kind of parameters you can change the functions with (this may really
be big, I am afraid)

It might be very usefull to look at how the real pro-stars have done their
work in the LOTW examples, because that could answer a number of questions.
I have not done that really seriously up till now...

Thomas