POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Photons don't like me Server Time
17 May 2024 23:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Photons don't like me (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Veronica Alveari
Subject: Photons don't like me
Date: 12 Mar 2004 03:50:50
Message: <405179ea@news.povray.org>
Alright, I just downloaded POVray v3.5 and Moray v3.5, set everything up
properly, make a glass object (sphere, transparent, IOR 1.45) to test out
those fancy schmancy photons I've been hearing so little about, and nothing
happened.  In fact, with photons enabled, the transparent object actually
cast a shadow.  Mirrors I've tried don't do anything.  No reflection,
nothing.  I remembered to enable photons globally, on the light source, and
designated the object as a no-gather target.

What could be going wrong and how do I fix it?

Post a reply to this message

> Alright, I just downloaded POVray v3.5 and Moray v3.5, set everything up
> properly, make a glass object (sphere, transparent, IOR 1.45) to test out
> those fancy schmancy photons I've been hearing so little about, and nothing
> happened.  In fact, with photons enabled, the transparent object actually
> cast a shadow.  Mirrors I've tried don't do anything.  No reflection,
> nothing.  I remembered to enable photons globally, on the light source, and
> designated the object as a no-gather target.
> What could be going wrong and how do I fix it?

Basically, photons are ornery li'l varmints, and they're shy, to boot.
Make certain that the background upon which you are casting the photons
is not set as a target, and increase count/decreae spacing.

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message