POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Photons don't like me : Photons don't like me Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:58:48 EDT (-0400)
  Photons don't like me
From: Veronica Alveari
Date: 12 Mar 2004 03:50:50
Message: <405179ea@news.povray.org>
Alright, I just downloaded POVray v3.5 and Moray v3.5, set everything up
properly, make a glass object (sphere, transparent, IOR 1.45) to test out
those fancy schmancy photons I've been hearing so little about, and nothing
happened.  In fact, with photons enabled, the transparent object actually
cast a shadow.  Mirrors I've tried don't do anything.  No reflection,
nothing.  I remembered to enable photons globally, on the light source, and
designated the object as a no-gather target.

What could be going wrong and how do I fix it?