POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Crash info and a question Server Time
17 May 2024 20:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  Crash info and a question (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Crash info and a question
Date: 20 Feb 2004 08:03:59
Message: <403605bf@news.povray.org>
Having worked with the mesh editor extensively for the last couple months, I
have this observation: The more changes I make to the mesh *without saving*,
the more likely it is to crash. The crash always occurrs right after
clicking on the render button, and I know immediately that it's happening
because the hourglass remains on the screen. Then I get the Windows xp
notice that the program is shutting down. So now I try to click the save
button every time before I render, which does prevent the problem, but if I
get on a roll and forget for a while, oh, the agony! Perhaps this problem
should be looked into?
Now the question. Is it not possible to add a primitive or mesh object to a
mesh and make it part of the original mesh? This would make life so much
easier if it were. I've tried every which-way to do it, with no success. Am
I asking for the impossible?
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message