POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Crash info and a question : Re: Crash info and a question Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:06:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash info and a question
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 21 Feb 2004 03:31:01
Message: <md5e30pnpg82m85hvfmemelcu3u29psdel@4ax.com>
Hi Steve Shelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> The more changes I make to the mesh *without saving*,
> the more likely it is to crash.
Really?? Hmmm. Have you noticed any specific pattern, or is it only
when you hit render?
I've worked for hours on end without saving and it's never crashed for
me. But I don't render, that often, either.

Also, before Moray exports to POV-Ray and renders, it saves the
current scene in a file called rendering.mdl. So if it crashes during
rendering or export, that file should contain the scene right before
rendering.
I'd certainly like to look into it. The next time it happens, maybe
you can send me the rendering.mld file that it saves, I might be able
to reproduce it.....

> Is it not possible to add a primitive or mesh object to a
> mesh and make it part of the original mesh?
Yes, it is. You can use Copy and Paste in the mesh editor to do that.
You just have to make sure that you're in Face mode. Then select some
or all faces, press Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V as often as you like. Note
that the faces will be copied into exactly the same place and will be
selected, so it seems as if the screen doesn't change. But if you use
Translation mode to move the faces away, you'll see you're actually
moving the duplicates....

You can also edit one mesh object, copy some faces, exit the mesh
editor, select another mesh object, go into mesh editing mode and
paste it there.... just make sure you don't press Ctrl-C (Copy) in the
non-mesh-editing mode, since the mesh editors won't paste primitives.

Regards,

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray