POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Lens flare plugin Server Time
17 May 2024 23:00:57 EDT (-0400)
  Lens flare plugin (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Lens flare plugin
Date: 11 Jan 2004 13:42:18
Message: <4001990a$1@news.povray.org>
Does not function; POV gives the file/path not found error, and a search
of the hard drive for *.flr turns up...nothing.

Post a reply to this message

From: StephenS
Subject: Re: Lens flare plugin
Date: 11 Jan 2004 15:57:43
Message: <4001b8c7@news.povray.org>
> Does not function; POV gives the file/path not found error, and a search
> of the hard drive for *.flr turns up...nothing.
It looks like the actual nkflare zip file was not included.

Download this file separately:
http://www.nathan.kopp.com/nkflare.htm
I unzipped nkflare5.zip in a new directory Moray\POVScn\NKFlare

The include file is for POV-Ray 3.1 and generates a warning
Warning: Refraction value unnecessary to turn on refraction.
A simple scene seems to render ok, with flares showing up.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Kman
Date: 15 Jan 2004 07:53:57
Message: <40068d65$1@news.povray.org>
Tim,

I've experienced "erratic" behavior in the past with the lense flare plugin
that's included with Moray (including having to search for and copy the old
.flr file.) I've had more luck with the other one that's listed on the
Plugins webpage... I don't remember what its called or who its by, but I
know it seemed a little more flexible because the "flare" was an actual
included entity that you could rotate and scale to animate it over time.
Just a thot...

-Kman

From: Tim Cook
Date: 15 Jan 2004 08:10:00
Message: <40069128$1@news.povray.org>
Kman wrote:
> I've experienced "erratic" behavior in the past with the lense flare plugin
> that's included with Moray (including having to search for and copy the old
> .flr file.) I've had more luck with the other one that's listed on the
> Plugins webpage... I don't remember what its called or who its by, but I
> know it seemed a little more flexible because the "flare" was an actual
> included entity that you could rotate and scale to animate it over time.
> Just a thot...

That's Chris Colefax's lensflare plugin, which I have, just not
installed.

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 15 Jan 2004 22:20:35
Message: <i3je0017c6f1hukct4gdepomvpan40b1iv@4ax.com>
Hi Tim Cook, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Does not function; POV gives the file/path not found error, and a search
> of the hard drive for *.flr turns up...nothing.
Indeed.... it seems to have been left out of the installation. Did you
find it? It's available at

   http://www.nathan.kopp.com/nkflare.htm

It should go in a NKFlare subdirectory of your scene directory
(usually .\POVScn).

Regards,

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 15 Jan 2004 23:58:08
Message: <40076f60@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:
> Indeed.... it seems to have been left out of the installation. Did you
> find it? It's available at
>    http://www.nathan.kopp.com/nkflare.htm

Yep, I found it...but the scene its in is exhibitng some...odd
behaviour.  Testing out to try to track the cause, as my scene
is itself fairly unusual.