POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New topic? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:56:31 EDT (-0400)
  New topic? (Message 28 to 37 of 57)
From: St
Subject: Re: New topic?
Date: 21 Jan 2007 19:27:28
Message: <45b404f0@news.povray.org>
Hey Txemi, nice to see you around here.

    ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Kjetil
Date: 22 Jan 2007 07:10:00
Message: <web.45b4a962dc71f6c43ccb4f150@news.povray.org>
Just wanted to say: I agree with the consensus here.

I suspect we'll need to take this up with the povray.org hosting team to get
anywhere.

Post a reply to this message

From: Isaac K
Date: 22 Jan 2007 23:40:00
Message: <web.45b5909bdc71f6c4650cbb530@news.povray.org>
I too am in agreement with the consensus here.  I've been a long-time Povray
user now, and the IRTC has always been a great source of enjoyment and
inspiration for me.  I'd hate to see anything happen to this great
competition, and I'm willing to offer my skills in web development and web
administration if they can be of any help.

As Kjetil said in the previous post, it's obvious that we need to get in
contact with someone close to the Povray.org or IRTC.org admin team before
any steps can be taken towards improving the current situation with the
IRTC.

So what do we know about contacting these people so far?

1. The Povray Pipe Mail has been suggested as a means of making contact with
some of the admins:
http://irtc.org/pipermail/irtc-l/

2. The IRTC website contains the following email contact page:
http://www.irtc.org/email.html
(I've already tried using this earlier in the month and I haven't heard back
from anyone yet.)

3. I did some snooping around the povray.org site and I found a page for the
Povray "Technical Assistance Group" or "TAG":
http://tag.povray.org/
(this includes a lot of email addresses near the bottom of the page.  I
don't know if anyone checks them anymore, but Chris Colfax is listed at the
webmaster, and his TAG email address is at the bottom of this page.)

4. Several other povray email addresses are listed at:
http://www.povray.org/webmaster.html

I'll try sending off a couple messages tonight.  If anyone manages to get in
contact with one of the admins, it would be greatly appreciated if you would
post whatever information they might have for us in this newsgroup.
Hopefully we'll be able to get an idea of what's going with the IRTC
administration, and what help they might be willing to accept concerning
the on-going maintenance of the IRTC website.

I'll post more information if I learn anything.
-Isaac K

Post a reply to this message