POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : waiting... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  waiting... (Message 20 to 29 of 29)
From: JRG
Subject: Re: waiting...
Date: 14 Jun 2006 19:10:07
Message: <4490974f@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>      Anyway, here are some suggestions for all to play with:
>
> o- Some kind of filter/rule to weed out unfinished/poor images. This will
> then at least project a more 'serious' side to the comp.
>
> o- We should have a dedicated team of volunteers - the more the merrier
> because 'down time' with Real Life wouldn't be so much of a problem if
> shared out.
>
> o- Let's introduce prizes, nothing big, but something like a (framed?)
> poster from Zazzle for the top six, (they each receive their own image).
> Quick thought - there could be a sub-competition whereby all top winners
> over the whole year are voted on, and the overall winner receives a
> trophy/something for that year.
>
> o- Dedicated view/vote/comment/result dates would be nice.

A web forum, and threads where participants HAVE to post their WIPs... a la
CGTalk. Just a little bit more aimed to amateurs...
I'd love that.

--
Jonathan.

Post a reply to this message

From: Larry Hudson
Date: 14 Jun 2006 20:52:18
Message: <4490af42$1@news.povray.org>
Norbert Kern wrote:
>>Some folks seem to be able to find ways of accessing IRTC files before the
>>main page changes.  If any kind person knows how to access the April 2006
>>Stills results and would like to share, it would be much appreciated.
>

> there is a ftp adress, which normally is updated earlier than the main page
> http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2006-04-30/ .
>
> Norbert Kern

A minor added comment:

Tack on zipped-up/ to this URL to reach "all-text.zip" (all the text
files submitted with the images) and to "images-1.zip" and
"images-2.zip" (all the images for this round).  Easier to download them
this way rather than downloading them each individually.

Of course, if you just want to look at them on-line rather than
downloading them, ignore my suggestion.   ;-)

These zipped files seem to be made available within a day of the close
of the rounds, so it is possible to see them immediately.  Obviously,
not the scoring or comments, but at least the images and their
corresponding text files.

      -=- Larry -=-

Post a reply to this message