POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Stills Surrealism results Server Time
16 May 2024 18:01:38 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC Stills Surrealism results (Message 21 to 30 of 72)
From: St
Subject: Re: IRTC Stills Surrealism results
Date: 24 Sep 2003 14:54:15
Message: <3f71e857@news.povray.org>

> |      I MUST TRY HARDER!!!  :op
> |

> Thinking about this and your landscape entry, I believe that you
might
> score higher if you didn't try *as* hard.

  Thanks. That one is being tattooed on my brow tomorrow... Or, when I
wake up...  :o/

Both of those pictures were
> dark with open horizons. Very ambitious.

   Really? I have to admit that I haven't tried a daylight scene yet.
Any pointers?

> If you don't mind a suggestion,

  I don't mind any REAL suggestions at all.

I would recommend that you fill at least
> sixty percent of the viewable area with large objects like
mountains,
> buildings, or furniture. This would leave you with forty percent or
less
> of the area to fill with your subject models.

Hmm... too cluttered? I like the idea, though.

This IMO is a more
> reasonable goal for two months.

  I tried this below, in the first two/three weeks, and then withdrew
it and did 'Harvest' instead...

  http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/32805/

   I think I should have entered this...     :o[

    ~Steve~

>  -Shay

Post a reply to this message