POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC Update Server Time
4 May 2024 04:58:30 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC Update (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: IRTC Update
Date: 25 Apr 2008 14:28:14
Message: <481222be$1@news.povray.org>
David Buck wrote:
> As for topics, I have a suggestion:
>
>     Topic:  Re-birth
>
> It seems appropriate :-)

Perfect :-)

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

From: Randal L  Schwartz
Date: 25 Apr 2008 14:34:52
Message: <86r6cteqbe.fsf@blue.stonehenge.com>

David> 	Topic:  Re-birth
David> 	Description: Something coming back to life after a long hiatus

Hmm.  How do you draw a picture of "smalltalk"? :)

<mer### [at] stonehengecom> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

From: David Buck
Date: 25 Apr 2008 15:11:45
Message: <48122cf1$1@news.povray.org>
Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> David> 	Topic:  Re-birth
> David> 	Description: Something coming back to life after a long hiatus
>
> Hmm.  How do you draw a picture of "smalltalk"? :)

It might be better to draw a picture of the Seaside :-).

Historically, the symbol for Smalltalk has been the hot air balloon.
That came from the cover of the August 1981 Byte Magazine by Robert
Tinney.  In previous editions of Byte Magazine, Smalltalk was described
as a language that lived in an ivory tower.  In August 1981, they had
several articles focusing on Smalltalk and the cover represented
Smalltalk leaving the ivory tower in a hot air balloon.

	http://www.byte.com/art/9608/img/086bl3a1.htm

For the IRTC, however, I'd like to focus on ray tracing and not the
technology behind the web site.

Another question:  Would anyone mind if we put two or three hotlinked
credit images (tastefully done) on the site to link to my web site (web
site programming by Simberon), a link to the graphic artists' web site
(I don't yet know if he wants this), and a link to the Seaside web site
(powered by Seaside)?  Or do you feel this would be inappropriate?

Thanks
David Buck

Post a reply to this message

> Another question:  Would anyone mind if we put two or three hotlinked
> credit images (tastefully done) on the site to link to my web site (web
> site programming by Simberon), a link to the graphic artists' web site
> (I don't yet know if he wants this), and a link to the Seaside web site
> (powered by Seaside)?  Or do you feel this would be inappropriate?
>
> Thanks
> David Buck

I see no problem with that. You're giving us a lot and it's only fair
that you get something in return.
BTW Enclosed 2 virtual beer tokens to keep the creative juices flowing :-)

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

> One idea - could the topic be posted ahead of time and then we can resume
> the normal schedule?

Topics really shouldn't be posted ahead of time, or people will start
working on them ahead of time.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

>> One idea - could the topic be posted ahead of time and then we can
>> resume the normal schedule?
>
> Topics really shouldn't be posted ahead of time, or people will start
> working on them ahead of time.

This is a legitimate concern, but ... can't resist stupid reply:

Recently, i didn't even manage to start working on the
topics IN time ;)

-M

Post a reply to this message

> Another question:  Would anyone mind if we put two or three hotlinked
> credit images (tastefully done) on the site to link to my web site (web
> site programming by Simberon), a link to the graphic artists' web site
> (I don't yet know if he wants this), and a link to the Seaside web site
> (powered by Seaside)?  Or do you feel this would be inappropriate?

All that and a "Powered by Smalltalk" too :)

On a website I did last year with some friends, I added *six* 80x15 icons:

Valid HTML
Valid CSS
Powered by PHP
Coded by hand (ie. no silly WYSIWYG)
Works For Me :)
and a link to Firebug, which helped a lot to debug the CSS

Post a reply to this message