POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC Update : Re: IRTC Update Server Time
22 May 2024 03:34:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Update
From: Chambers
Date: 27 Apr 2008 14:44:45
Message: <4814c99d$1@news.povray.org>
Markus Altendorff wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> John D. Gwinner wrote:
>>> One idea - could the topic be posted ahead of time and then we can
>>> resume the normal schedule?
>>
>> Topics really shouldn't be posted ahead of time, or people will start
>> working on them ahead of time.
>
> This is a legitimate concern, but ... can't resist stupid reply:
>
> Recently, i didn't even manage to start working on the topics IN time ;)
>
> -M

Although, it might be interesting to announce the topic for a round at
the beginning of the previous round.  So essentially, rounds would last
four months, but one would conclude every two months.  You'd have to
pick and choose which rounds to compete in, as you wouldn't have time to
do all of them justice.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com