POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC Update : Re: IRTC Update Server Time
22 May 2024 08:07:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Update
From: David Buck
Date: 25 Apr 2008 15:11:45
Message: <48122cf1$1@news.povray.org>
Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> David> 	Topic:  Re-birth
> David> 	Description: Something coming back to life after a long hiatus
>
> Hmm.  How do you draw a picture of "smalltalk"? :)

It might be better to draw a picture of the Seaside :-).

Historically, the symbol for Smalltalk has been the hot air balloon.
That came from the cover of the August 1981 Byte Magazine by Robert
Tinney.  In previous editions of Byte Magazine, Smalltalk was described
as a language that lived in an ivory tower.  In August 1981, they had
several articles focusing on Smalltalk and the cover represented
Smalltalk leaving the ivory tower in a hot air balloon.

	http://www.byte.com/art/9608/img/086bl3a1.htm

For the IRTC, however, I'd like to focus on ray tracing and not the
technology behind the web site.

Another question:  Would anyone mind if we put two or three hotlinked
credit images (tastefully done) on the site to link to my web site (web
site programming by Simberon), a link to the graphic artists' web site
(I don't yet know if he wants this), and a link to the Seaside web site