POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Next Challenge Server Time: 14 Dec 2018 15:49:36 GMT
  Next Challenge (Message 1 to 10 of 13)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: St 
Subject: Next Challenge
Date: 1 Sep 2007 12:51:48
Message: <46d96064$2@news.povray.org>
Hi All

    The next Stills and Animations Challenge is "The Mother Hive" by Rudyard 
Kipling 1865-1936

      Sounds good to me!  :o)

     (I'm aware that the animations page isn't showing. I have no idea why, 
but this will be fixed sometime this evening. Sorry about this).

       ~Steve~


Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Next Challenge
Date: 2 Sep 2007 01:55:55
Message: <46da182b$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> Hi All
> 
>     The next Stills and Animations Challenge is "The Mother Hive" by Rudyard 
> Kipling 1865-1936
> 
>       Sounds good to me!  :o)
> 
>      (I'm aware that the animations page isn't showing. I have no idea why, 
> but this will be fixed sometime this evening. Sorry about this).

If my modeler can do a human being, I might be able to gin up something 
good for this.

Regards,
John


Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Re: Next Challenge
Date: 2 Sep 2007 11:00:04
Message: <46da97b4$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> Hi All
> 
>     The next Stills and Animations Challenge is "The Mother Hive" by Rudyard 
> Kipling 1865-1936
> 
>       Sounds good to me!  :o)

Me too :) finally a chance to do a "character background" 
storyline. *grin*

Uh. Hold that thought. I'd need to build *even more* 
character models for that. (sound of head banging on table...)

> 
>      (I'm aware that the animations page isn't showing. I have no idea why, 
> but this will be fixed sometime this evening. Sorry about this).
> 

Beyond login it's empty-white, too. After the page not 
recognizing the "hanging login cookie", i entered U/PW, and 
got white pages instead. Even when trying the bookmarks in 
the animation section.
e.g. nada at:
http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/displayallimages/animation/18/2007-May.html

Looks like something went wrong when updating topics? 
/animations directory accidentally nuked?

-M


Post a reply to this message

From: dbott
Subject: Re: Next Challenge
Date: 2 Sep 2007 16:45:58
Message: <46dae8c6@news.povray.org>
Great pick for the next title........"The Mother Hive".........a house
divided (very cool).

Can't get to the animations for commenting. Should I comment here or wait
till the animation page is up?

Darin


Post a reply to this message

From: St 
Subject: Re: Next Challenge
Date: 2 Sep 2007 18:57:17
Message: <46db078d$1@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message 
news:46da97b4$1@news.povray.org...
> St. wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>>     The next Stills and Animations Challenge is "The Mother Hive" by 
>> Rudyard Kipling 1865-1936
>>
>>       Sounds good to me!  :o)
>
> Me too :) finally a chance to do a "character background" storyline. 
> *grin*

   Oh yes, I thought this might be up your street...  :)


>
> Uh. Hold that thought. I'd need to build *even more* character models for 
> that. (sound of head banging on table...)

    Heh, don't knock yourself out buddy, you're more than capable.  :)


>
>>
>>      (I'm aware that the animations page isn't showing. I have no idea 
>> why, but this will be fixed sometime this evening. Sorry about this).
>>
>
> Beyond login it's empty-white, too. After the page not recognizing the 
> "hanging login cookie", i entered U/PW, and got white pages instead. Even 
> when trying the bookmarks in the animation section.
> e.g. nada at:
> http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/displayallimages/animation/18/2007-May.html
>
> Looks like something went wrong when updating topics? /animations 
> directory accidentally nuked?

    No, not nuked, it's still there. I think it's something to do with the 
change-over code for the end of the month, (so you're right with the 
'updating topics' part). It *will* be sorted, as will the voting and 
commenting time period. <Sigh, sorry everyone, I feel not too good at this 
moment in time>.

     ~Steve~


>
> -M


Post a reply to this message

From: St 
Subject: Re: Next Challenge
Date: 2 Sep 2007 19:09:10
Message: <46db0a56$1@news.povray.org>
"dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote in message 
news:46dae8c6@news.povray.org...
> Great pick for the next title........"The Mother Hive".........a house
> divided (very cool).
>
> Can't get to the animations for commenting. Should I comment here or wait
> till the animation page is up?

      If you can give it a day or two to wait Darin, (I'll let you know here 
soon), that would be much appreciated. (Obviously, this goes for other 
peoples comments too for Animations).

       Thank you (all) for your patience.

        ~Steve~


>
> Darin
>
>


Post a reply to this message

From: St 
Subject: Re: Next Challenge
Date: 2 Sep 2007 19:23:43
Message: <46db0dbf$1@news.povray.org>
"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message 
news:46da182b$1@news.povray.org...
> St. wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>>     The next Stills and Animations Challenge is "The Mother Hive" by 
>> Rudyard Kipling 1865-1936
>>
>>       Sounds good to me!  :o)
>>
>>      (I'm aware that the animations page isn't showing. I have no idea 
>> why, but this will be fixed sometime this evening. Sorry about this).

        Well, hey, soon.  :(

>
> If my modeler can do a human being, I might be able to gin up something 
> good for this.

     Hey John, I've tried your modeler and I know it's more than capable. 
It's all about what the artist (modeller) does with it/can do with it. Keep 
at it, it'll be worth it. :)

   As for the topic, yeah, this is a good one for you too.  ;)

    ~Steve~



>
> Regards,
> John


Post a reply to this message

From: Markus Altendorff
Subject: Re: Next Challenge
Date: 2 Sep 2007 23:27:02
Message: <46db46c6$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>     No, not nuked, it's still there. I think it's something to do with the 
> change-over code for the end of the month, (so you're right with the 
> 'updating topics' part). It *will* be sorted, as will the voting and 
> commenting time period. <Sigh, sorry everyone, I feel not too good at this 
> moment in time>.

Take your time, and get well soon. You're doing a great job 
keeping this all running, and communicating about it.


Ah, the pages are back online! Still some things to sort 
out, i guess (topic isn't yet showing at 
http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/display/animation.html etc.)

Yeah, the voting/commenting really needs a bit more 
fine-tuning, at least a secondary timeframe from deadline to 
maybe a week later - i tried voting, and what do i get? 
Totally disappeared from the tabulated list ... ah, the joys 
of betatesting  :)

Well, at least i can report that voting works, not giving 
points to one's own entry works, and commenting works, too :)

However, for a vote to "work out" (this includes the math of 
adding the results), i suggest that either we need the panel 
judges approach back, and at least require all entrants to 
vote or none at all, for the vote to be valid. Otherwise, 
those that do vote get a penalty over those that do not vote 
(on average by 100 % * voting entrants / number of entrants, 
or something ;) because by voting one boosts all other 
entries except one's own - which is OK, if everyone in the 
current round does it.

I hope that description does make sense...?

-M


Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: Next Challenge
Date: 3 Sep 2007 02:44:36
Message: <46db7514@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> "John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message 
> news:46da182b$1@news.povray.org...
> 
>>If my modeler can do a human being, I might be able to gin up something 
>>good for this.
> 
>      Hey John, I've tried your modeler and I know it's more than capable. 
> It's all about what the artist (modeller) does with it/can do with it. Keep 
> at it, it'll be worth it. :)
> 
>    As for the topic, yeah, this is a good one for you too.  ;)

I have a definite story idea worked out.  It all hangs on whether I can 
design a workable human model and animate it well in four months.

Regards,
John


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Next Challenge
Date: 3 Sep 2007 10:35:01
Message: <web.46dbe28bf52bf3aec4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> "dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote in message
> news:46dae8c6@news.povray.org...
> > Great pick for the next title........"The Mother Hive".........a house
> > divided (very cool).
> >
> > Can't get to the animations for commenting. Should I comment here or wait
> > till the animation page is up?
>
>       If you can give it a day or two to wait Darin, (I'll let you know here
> soon), that would be much appreciated. (Obviously, this goes for other
> peoples comments too for Animations).
>
>        Thank you (all) for your patience.
>
>         ~Steve~


Actually, if you leave it the way it is Iíll have a better score :-)

Just let us know when we can vote and comment. Sorry your feeling poorly.


Stephen


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.