POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Next Challenge : Re: Next Challenge Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Next Challenge
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 2 Sep 2007 19:27:02
Message: <46db46c6$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>     No, not nuked, it's still there. I think it's something to do with the
> change-over code for the end of the month, (so you're right with the
> 'updating topics' part). It *will* be sorted, as will the voting and
> commenting time period. <Sigh, sorry everyone, I feel not too good at this
> moment in time>.

Take your time, and get well soon. You're doing a great job
keeping this all running, and communicating about it.

Ah, the pages are back online! Still some things to sort
out, i guess (topic isn't yet showing at
http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/display/animation.html etc.)

Yeah, the voting/commenting really needs a bit more
fine-tuning, at least a secondary timeframe from deadline to
maybe a week later - i tried voting, and what do i get?
Totally disappeared from the tabulated list ... ah, the joys
of betatesting  :)

Well, at least i can report that voting works, not giving
points to one's own entry works, and commenting works, too :)

However, for a vote to "work out" (this includes the math of
adding the results), i suggest that either we need the panel
judges approach back, and at least require all entrants to
vote or none at all, for the vote to be valid. Otherwise,
those that do vote get a penalty over those that do not vote
(on average by 100 % * voting entrants / number of entrants,
or something ;) because by voting one boosts all other
entries except one's own - which is OK, if everyone in the
current round does it.

I hope that description does make sense...?

-M