POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparent PNGs : Re: Transparent PNGs Server Time
30 Apr 2024 20:42:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent PNGs
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 9 Oct 2017 14:04:27
Message: <59dbba2b@news.povray.org>
On 09.10.2017 10:04, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:
>> Which brings me to the next problem, how to
>> recreate one of the Roman-style galley oars. it is too easy just to use
>> a long cylinder with a flattened (thin-scaled) oval cylinder at the end.
>> The transition between shaft and brad area was kinda smooth.
>
> I'd start by posting a close-up / detailed image of what you want to do in 3D
> (if you can't find an existing 3D model) and then I'm sure someone could
> recommend a mesh-modeling, CSG, isosurface, or blob approach.

The very strange thing with me is, that I find it extremely hard to
model with WYSIWYG surfaces, but I find it totally easy to write scenes
with all the coordinates by myself and understand them. This is how I
got my huge spaceships done.

Okay, here is the sample photo. These oars have no real edges, every
corner has been rounded and smoothened. And even the edge between staff
and blade is kinda smoothened a bit.

---
http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message