POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparent PNGs Server Time
29 Mar 2024 05:51:54 EDT (-0400)
  Transparent PNGs (Message 1 to 10 of 44)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Transparent PNGs
Date: 9 Oct 2017 06:56:16
Message: <59db55d0$1@news.povray.org>
Hi

is it possible to create a scene where the rendered items are visible
but the entire empty background becomes transparent, if the output image
is a PNG?

---
http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Transparent PNGs
Date: 9 Oct 2017 07:33:29
Message: <59db5e89$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/10/2017 11:56, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Hi
>
> is it possible to create a scene where the rendered items are visible
> but the entire empty background becomes transparent, if the output image
> is a PNG?
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Set Alpha output to on. And IIRC the background should be black.

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.0/219/

--

Regards
     Stephen