POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transparent PNGs : Re: Transparent PNGs Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent PNGs
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 9 Oct 2017 09:15:13
Message: <59db7661$1@news.povray.org>
On 09.10.2017 06:56, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Hi
>
> is it possible to create a scene where the rendered items are visible
> but the entire empty background becomes transparent, if the output image
> is a PNG?
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Biiiig thanks to everyone here! You all helped me a lot, and my problem
seems to be solved now.

No, I had indeed not know the +ua switch. Never had a need for such. But
I am reconstructing ancient Roman ships, and just their oars I want to
do in render technology. Which brings me to the next problem, how to
recreate one of the Roman-style galley oars. it is too easy just to use
a long cylinder with a flattened (thin-scaled) oval cylinder at the end.
The transition between shaft and brad area was kinda smooth.