POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BuckoSoft Animation Controller in action : BuckoSoft Animation Controller in action Server Time
5 May 2024 12:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  BuckoSoft Animation Controller in action
From: dick balaska
Date: 17 Feb 2016 23:38:54
Message: <56c54ade$1@news.povray.org>
I started taking screen shots to continue the discussion about CPU and
compilers.

Instead, I ended up making a page of screen shots of bsac doing its
network render thing...

http://www.buckosoft.com/bsac/flyby/

(
In the Framelist, note the 17 minute M$ render times vs. 50 minute gcc
times (vs. 176 minutes for the Celeron (sven...)). 3 to 1 increase for
M$ [1].

I have another scene, looking at a tile floor of superellipsoids that M$
has a 10 to 1 speed increase! [2] My linux boxes hate that floor. :)

And then I have a similar scene (looking through glass at nothing too
complicated) where M$ has only a 50% increase in speed, 34 minutes vs.
43 minutes. [3]

I think what this means is, I've got to get my hands on the icc/Ubuntu
compiler.
)

dik

[1] 3 to 1