POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling POV-Ray 3.7, second attempt : Compiling POV-Ray 3.7, second attempt Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:48:25 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling POV-Ray 3.7, second attempt
From: "Jörg \"Yadgar\" Bleimann"
Date: 3 Jul 2015 19:20:19
Message: <559718b3$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

After replacing my entire previous Linux installation by Debian 7.8
"wheezy", I once more tried to compile POV-Ray 3.7... now, all
additional packages recommended in unix/README.md were installed without
any errors. When I started the prebuild.sh script, all worked well -
except for one final error message:

config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Makefile.in'

I thought that make was not installed yet, so I did this and afterward
typed "make" (like read under "Generating configure and building the
code" in README.md) - but this also just resulted in an error message:

make: *** Keine Targets angegeben und keine »make«-Steuerdatei gefunden.
  Schluss.
(which is in English:
make: *** No targets stated and no »make« directive file found. Ending.)

How do I get rid of the config.status error?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar