POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : POV Memory : POV Memory Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  POV Memory
From: majucatur
Date: 21 Feb 2002 16:51:22
Message: <3c756bda@news.povray.org>
Hi.

   I have a question for you, well, I'm developing a ray-tracing program and
I need help with the aspect of the memory allocation. I define my objects in
special structures, each object is allocated in memory dynamically, you
know, with memalloc and free, but the question is: How can I optimize this?,
I want to use the less memory possible, because with objects like mesh or
series of thousand objects consumes a lot of RAM memory, I don't know how
POV-Ray uses the memory to its objects, but certainly it can trace scenes
with a lot of complex objects without problem...

   Should I put everything in memory?, primitives, mesh, textures, etc. or
exist a technique to use more efficiently my resources.

Thanks for your time and patience.