POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blob problem? : Re: Blob problem? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:11:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob problem?
From: Rob Hoopman
Date: 25 Aug 2002 16:13:07
Message: <3D6956A7.3020900@tuna.nl>
hughes b wrote:
> "Rob Hoopman" <rob### [at] tunanl> wrote in message
> news:3D6### [at] tunanl...
>
>>I have a very minimal scene with a blob that does not behave like I
>>expect it.
>>Basically it is the first tutorial scene from 3.6.1 with two extra
>>spheres added above the originals. It seems to render some artifacts
>>where the top spheres connect to the bottom ones.
>>
>>I am new to POV-Ray and don't know the right way to do this. But I
>>expect just dropping the scene files into p.b.scene-files would not be
>>the way to go so I thought I'd ask here.
>

> A short, concise, sample of a problem scene file is fine posted as text here
> in p.g.
>
> Have you already tried sturm in the blob statement? If not then that's
> something to check on. It could be a shadows on the surface normals thing,
> the blob equation causing erratic changes in it. If that doesn't seem to be
> it a posting of a render showing it would be good to see, at p.b.i. or at
> least the blob + camera + light script so someone else besides you can
> render it.

I had a look at the docs regarding the sturm keyword and don't think it
would solve my problem. (Allthough I must say it is not exactly clear to
what values I would have to set it. What is a "boolean float value",
does this mean any float value that is not zero evaluates to true?)

If it helps I can also post an image to p.b.i.

Rob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)