POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Updated color dispersion page at Newcolor : Re: Updated color dispersion page at Newcolor Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:14:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updated color dispersion page at Newcolor
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 10 Feb 1999 13:20:42
Message: <36C1CD57.BBDBBCDC@remove-this.reading.ac.uk>
Hi Daren,

Love the dispersion ... but ... Mike Paul (Wyzard) has released an update to his
reflection patch which cures a nasty artifact in the reflection blur code that
you've also included, in the Windows version at least.

Try the attached pov file to see the effect I'm refering to.

Bye for now,
    Mike Andrews.

Daren Scot Wilson wrote:

> Color fringes, anyone?
>
> I've updated my web page on color dispersion to include links to unofficial
> compiles for MS Windows and Mac.  Now all you non-programmers can enjoy this
> new feature!
>
> Also, some notes from someone who added the patch to his own private linux port
> which may help anyone wanting to "do it yerself".
>
> I've been very busy helping the creators of these ports, and various users with
> special projects, plus everday life (gotta do the laundry, etc.) and still
> haven't rendered any interesting images using dispersion. Amazing, the creator
> of this patch hardly has a chance to use it!  Oh well, that's made up for by
> all the new amazing images I expect to see in the IRTC (www.irtc.org) using
> dispersion....
>
> --
> Daren Scot Wilson
> dar### [at] pipelinecom
> www.newcolor.com
> ----
> "A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for"
>                                             -- William Shedd

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blurtest.pov.txt' (1 KB)