POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Flocking Animations : Re: Flocking Animations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flocking Animations
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 5 Oct 1998 18:19:07
Message: <36193880.6EB78AA4@aol.com>
Boids made my cry (Stella and Stanley) when I saw it on Mind's Eye !  Thanks for
the link! Now, I'm dying to try an animation of my own!

In thinking about how to undertake such a project, I guess that one would need to
have information processed in one frame to be available in the next frame.   Most
of the algorithms talk about each individual's properties being a moving average
of those of the collective.

I know that Povray 3.1 has the ability to write and read files.  Is there any way
for 3.02 to have a variable declaration made in one frame available to the next
frame?

Jon A. Cruz wrote:

> Try
>
> http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Artificial_Life/Flocking/
>
> And specifically http://hmt.com/cwr/boids.html
> The latter is the Boids info by Craig Reynolds. Really good stuff.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)