POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Apr 2009 04:20:00
Message: <web.49ddae8f5bdc63526dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   Btw, I find the attitude people have towards the sequels rather interesting.
[snip analysis]

More generally, I think people tend to start watching movies with far too much
'expectation' baggage, whether that be 'fanon' (good word!), hype, familiarity
with the adapted source material, or whatever. I find that, having trained
myself to have little or no particular expectation of a movie, I can enjoy a
wider range of movies far more than almost anyone I know.

Also, people often seem to decide beforehand whether they're going to like a
movie or not, which is a bewildering feat of doublethink to me. Moreover, they
often base this pre-decision on whether they 'like' a particular actor/actress.
And I don't mean 'dislike their past roles/thespian skills' - it's often far
more personal. Bizarre.

(Re the Matrix sequels, they are, IMO, not at all bad. Not as well-written and
paced, or indeed plotted, as the first film, but perfectly enjoyable. But then
I'd sit through any amount of drivel just for that freeway chase...:))