POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Girl on a cube (114 Kb) : Re: Girl on a cube (114 Kb) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Girl on a cube (114 Kb)
From: Mark Birch
Date: 26 Jun 2007 17:45:02
Message: <web.4681885258ff2e814daddc090@news.povray.org>
Nice image. Reminds me of the Gilles Tran one, 'the garden' I think?

Some (very distant) ground would give a lot of depth to the image.  Pull
some screencaps out of google maps & stitch them together in a paint
program for a large terrain, then map it to a simple heightfield.  Maybe
add some light gaussian blur to the groundmap to create a quick depth
effect.  Add some blue ground fog to simulate aerial perspective, and throw
in a couple of thin, mostly transparent cloud layers at different heights to
make the tower look impossibly tall.

If your system memory can handle it, put in a few more floating trees at
lower altitudes, and move one of the trees that is slightly obscured by the
building, so it isn't.

If you must have the cat, move it down and right a little, so it doesn't
cover the tree.  If you can pose the cat differently, I'd have all four of
it's legs trailing backwards, rather than the 'superman' pose it's
currently in.  I'm no expert on flying cats, but if I think about how a
four-legged cat would fly, the four legs would probably be just hanging,
trailing slightly backwards.

Just my $0.02 worth, though I'm probably up to about $0.45 now.