POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : overlapping media objects in a light_group : Re: overlapping media objects in a light_group Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: overlapping media objects in a light_group
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Feb 2006 05:00:00
Message: <web.4400299add458578db27a78f0@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> That makes sense, because pov decides which light group the media's in by
> seeing what the last surface was that the ray passed through. This is of
> course wrong, because what you want to happen is for it to compute one media
> with the light and the other without, but presumably pov just hasn't got a
> way to represent that information internally.

Yes, I see what you're getting at; things aren't quite as logical as I
thought they were.

It would *seem* that, where the light_group sphere on the left intrudes into
the right-hand sphere (the "right half" of the lens shape), the media there
shouldn't be lit either--because that sphere's media isn't part of the
light_group. Yet the light_group's media apparently takes precedence there.
What a brain-twister!

Ken