POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simple Repeating Material definition : Re: Simple Repeating Material definition Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple Repeating Material definition
From: Steve
Date: 29 Nov 2001 10:54:22
Message: <slrna0cmf4.ai9.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:53:53 +0900, Jong wrote:
>Dear Steve,
>
> Thank you for your prompt help to my problem.
>When I add the statements as you described, could I simply add those to the
>end of the union block without removing the previous material statements--
>more than 50 of them in the scene file --?
>
>My newbie question is that:
>Does the most recent material definition take effect ignoring those more
>than fifty previous statements?
>
>Thank you so much for your help.

One idea would be to get Rhino to export the objects without any material or
texture, that would make things a bit easier for you.

Keep a copy of your original file so that you can see when the materials
contain.

If you have no material on anything then you can set a default material
at the top of your POV scene file and every object in the scene that
doesn't have a material will be given the default material.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  3:49pm  up 52 days,  7:33,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00