POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rounding off the edges : Re: rounding off the edges Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rounding off the edges
From: Steve
Date: 3 Nov 2000 22:54:41
Message: <slrn9071nq.q2u.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Fri, 3 Nov 2000 18:56:22 -0700, Bill Brehm wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to round off the edges of an object, either 2D or 3D, without
>doing all the calculations manually?
>
>Say I want to make a circle with a cross removed, and want the three sharp
>cormers on each quadrant to have a radius no smaller than a specified value.
>I know I could remove a small square from each sharp edge, then add back a
>circle, but that is tedious. I'd like to say, take that object and make the
>minimum radius such and such.

David Fontain has a small macro that'll smooth the edges on almost
anything.  You'll probably want to make your cross as a prisam, and
use his prisam rounded edges macro (I think he's doen prisams), his web
site's here:

 http://davidf.faricy.net/

Good luck.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  3:41am  up 24 days,  6:03,  3 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.15, 1.16