POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Post_Frame_Command problems Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:46:47 EDT (-0400)
  Post_Frame_Command problems (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tek
Subject: Post_Frame_Command problems
Date: 2 Aug 2012 05:55:01
Message: <web.501a4d9f74ac140eae6693e20@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of days, and I've read through
every post I can find on here on the subject, but to no avail.

I've got an ini file that looks like this:

Post_Frame_Return=U
Post_Frame_Command=notepad.exe

And when I render a scene using that ini file, it renders correctly but then
gives me this error:

Render halted because the post-frame shell-out ('notepad.exe') requested POV-Ray
to generate a user abort.
Render failed

.....and it doesn't open notepad.

I've unchecked the "Disable Starting Other Programs" and I've tried various
variations on what exe to run and whether to do it Pre/Post Frame/Scene, and
nothing has worked. I'm using POV 3.7 RC6 on Windows 7.

Has anyone got this working?

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

> I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of days, and I've read through
> every post I can find on here on the subject, but to no avail.
>
> I've got an ini file that looks like this:
>
> Post_Frame_Return=U
> Post_Frame_Command=notepad.exe
>
> And when I render a scene using that ini file, it renders correctly but then
> gives me this error:
>
> Render halted because the post-frame shell-out ('notepad.exe') requested POV-Ray
> to generate a user abort.
> Render failed
>
> .....and it doesn't open notepad.
>
> I've unchecked the "Disable Starting Other Programs" and I've tried various
> variations on what exe to run and whether to do it Pre/Post Frame/Scene, and
> nothing has worked. I'm using POV 3.7 RC6 on Windows 7.
>
> Has anyone got this working?

Please create a bug for this on bugs.povray.org and I'll look into it.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

I've reported it: http://bugs.povray.org/task/250

--